nextbike – Public bike sharingWhether you are interested in a license partnership, public transport cooperations or individual solutions for cities and regions, we are dedicated to developing long lasting business relations which allow our partners to operate and manage their systems both independently and economically. We ensure successful delivery by acting as technology supplier and adviser to our partners. Our integrative approach means each and every nextbike system benefits from improvements and technical developments introduced across the network.
Public transport cooperations: the intermodal mobility chainPublic bike sharing systems offer an ideal complement to public transport. Both combined are a climate-friendly alternative to owning a car. nextbike rental bikes are available 24/7. They close gaps in networks and timetables of busses and trains. Tighter networks reduce travelling time, especially for commuters and business travellers, but also for tourists. Most of all, the complementation of transport chains is inexpensive, flexible and diversified.
Our system: easy, flexible and cost effectiveFor every situation we offer a tailor-made solution. nextbike bicycles can be placed stand-alone in a geo-fenced service area, at “virtual” stations or docks. Renting and returning works via app, smart card, service hotline or via log-in at terminals or on-board computers.
- Rental via App, smart card or login at on-Board computer
- Mifare compatibility → integration of existing smart cards
- GPS, GSM (2G) & WPAN modules for on- & offline communication with Smart Boxes and central server
- Return possible in Docks and stand-alone via integrated Smart Lock
- RFID chip for compatibility with Smart Docks
- LED signal for status notification