Manager Ralf Kalupner
35,000 bikes, 23 countries, 4 continents
“Since the start of our rental system we’ve been working on this network with growing success,” says nextbike founder and manager Ralf Kalupner. “It started with only 20 bikes in Leipzig. Now, we work on an international basis with 35,000 bikes.” No other public bike sharing system can provide a larger international network of rental bikes. nextbike is present in more than 100 cities in Germany, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Dubai (UAE), Hungary, Latvia, New Zealand, Poland, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Kingdom, the United States and others. In the last year, Saudi Arabia and Ukraine joined the nextbike network.
– the name says it all: always having a bike close by. Our bicycle fleet stands for urban mobility that is inexpensive, flexible and healthy.
The bike for all purposes
The nextbike system is of interest for diverse partners such as:
- Cities and regions that like to implement eco-friendly and modern transportation.
- Companies that like to provide rental bikes for their employees.
- Advertisers that like to advertise regional and national campaigns in a mobile and innovative way.
- Hotels that appreciate an extra service for their guests.
- Event promoters who like to offer a flexible and eco-friendly means of transportation for their visitors.
- Universities whose students have to move flexibly between institutes and faculties.
Furthermore, nextbike is always looking for new license partners
in Europe and overseas who like to become part of the nextbike success story.
Largest international bike sharing network
nextbike is present in more than 45 German cities and in Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Dubai (UAE), Hungary, Latvia, New Zealand, Poland, Switzerland, Turkey, the United Kingdom and the United States and others.
From Leipzig into the world
nextbike has its headquarters in Leipzig. Management, IT and customer care operate from here. The bikes are assembled in our own production hall and before they are delivered worldwide.
Award-winning and certified
In 2012 nextbike was awarded with the Founder Prize donated by the Sparkasse Leipzig.
With more than 80% positive results in the field of mobile media nextbike ranks among the best rated companies in the trade association Ambient Media.